Friday, May 6, 2016

Slush

You weren’t supposed to see my ugly side. I tried to hide it from you, but you plowed your way through me and found me hidden away in the corner. I was covered over with grey and filth and I couldn’t shrink away from you fast enough.
I can’t believe you still want me even after I showed you all of my ugliness. How can you find beauty even through all of this?
You were ugly and hateful. I could see the filth rolling off of you and yet I still wanted you. I know what danger you cause and still I wanted you. Can you still want me, too?
How can we move past this moment? There is only so much hurt a body can take before it is done. Maybe I need to stay here and lick my wounds until I can make myself strong again.
The more I give away the further I shrink into the corner. This is the first time I have done anything for myself since we began this dance.

Give me some time. I promise I will come back beautiful and whole and strong. This was just one moment of weakness. It was not the real me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...