Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Ice Cube

You burned so brightly against the darkness of the night. I longed to reach out for you but I was dawn away into the crowd. Everyone needs me more than I need myself and I can’t find a way to get to you. I want you. I need you. I know you will magnify me in all of my magnificence.
When will I see you again? Do not let me lose myself again.
You can rescue me. Please. I have lost myself and I don’t know what to do.
I am desperate.
I am afraid.
I am alone.
I am contained in the darkness and they won’t let me out.
Find me.
You are the only one who has the power to find me in the dark.
I am forced to keep myself small.
I am shrinking every day.
Soon I will be insignificant.
I don’t mean to be so hard and cold.
I can soften my hard edges for you.
If only you come and find me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...