Wednesday, May 18, 2016

House Fire

How could you betray me this way? I trusted you. I gave you my heart, my love, my life and you have torn me down and shattered me! God, I have never felt this kind of pain before. You have stabbed me through all my sacred places and shattered my soul. Can’t you see the pain you are causing me? Every inch of me is shattered and broken.
There can be no trust, no faith, no love in this. Do not try to persuade me you were thinking of me. How is this supposed to help me? All of this is nothing but pain. It started out so small and innocent. Hidden where no one could see. But now, this is raging through everything I hold sacred. How can I offer protection when I can’t even protect myself?
You did this to me. you were supposed to protect me, not tear me down to my roots and leave me hollow. I am shattered and torn down to my roots. There is nothing left for me to save.
No! You cannot come in to what is left. There is nothing here for you. I will sit here quietly and gather up the pieces you have scattered and see if there is anything worth salvation. You do not need to be here for this. There is nothing here for you.
Do you find this enjoyable? Do you revel in my pain? The only reason you are here is so you can see my pain.
Yes, I know you are there. You cannot remain hidden forever. I know your secrets and I know how you hide yourself. You can’t hide your true self any more. I know the darkest parts of your soul and I am not afraid.

Your betrayal will never be forgotten. How can I forgive this level of destruction? There is nothing left. Nothing to say. Nothing to save.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...