Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Black Ice

I did not cause this. You brought this on yourself. You dare blame me for your destruction? Can you not take responsibility for your own actions? I did nothing to destroy you.
This is you, it’s not me. I will go find my own way. My path will be hidden and sacred and you will not see me until I decide. I’m still here, hidden in plain sight. I’m not going to show myself until I know I am safe. You destroyed the world and expect me to take the blame.
I have my own faults. I don’t need to take the blame for what you do, too. Every inch of this path is strewn with my faults. I’m not afraid of the trail of destruction I leave behind. I earned every mark, every scar, every bump creating this unique shape. I don’t blame anyone else for what created me. you need to take responsibility for your own form. Your own shape.
I have no more faith in you, but I did this to myself, too. I opened myself to your advances and allowed you into my sacred places. I feel the pain of the burn you caused, but I know when I rebuild myself I will be stronger and better than ever before.
I know you can’t see me. You can’t see anything beyond yourself. All you want to do is trod on me. There is nothing you can do to fix this.

I’m done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...