Thursday, May 26, 2016

Smoldering

We need to take this slow. It’s hard to start all over again when we ran ahead so fast in the beginning. There is so much fuel ready to flare up again and we need to keep everything under control. I cannot lose you again, my love.
We will settle here for a time. Taking the opportunity to get to know each other once again. Let me discover the part of you that you have been keeping beneath the surface. I can see just a partial glimpse into your soul, but I know there is so much there for me to see.
I will dwell here, hidden from sight, waiting for the right time to declare myself again. There is more hope in these quiet places than there ever was in the expanse of the bright universe.
The quiet is seeping into my soul and I am finding myself in the darkness. I will wait and watch for your approach. I am not afraid of all the secrets you are bringing. There is no night so dark that I can’t find the light reflected in myself.
The quiet rushes over me and I feel the darkness creeping ever closer. I don’t think I have ever been in the dark before. I am glad you are beside me, even though you are mostly hidden from my sight. Come closer, I am not afraid.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...