Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Lighter

I could burn longer if you needed me to, my love. There is so much more to me now. I know I stayed for just a moment, until their use for me was over, but there is much more substance to me now.
I was closer to you today. I could feel the coolness of your form as you swirled by me. I wanted to warm you and watch as your cold shape pooled into something more malleable. Could you change for me if I needed you to be something different or will you always be the cold, hard shape you were forced to become?
I want to change for you. I want to become something better, something more useful. I know I have my uses. They have forced me to become what they needed and now I have become tiny and insignificant. You could magnify me. You could make me something great again.
Will you change me? Will you teach me what it means to burn bright again? I caught a tiny glimpse of myself reflected back from your glance. A tiny fraction of what I could become under your guidance.
Do we need to change for one another? Can you accept me for what I am?
No. I know I need to change. It is the nature of our existence to want to become better. I am so much greater than the sum of my parts. Just look at me. What do you see? I am tiny and quiet and am barely formed, but when I am put to use I am unstoppable. From the tiny insignificance I burst forth and become something more powerful than even you could imagine.
Think about what we could be if we were together. What power and majesty could we create? I want to build the world with you. Can’t you picture it? I will mold and form you and you will magnify me in my greatness.
We have power on our own. We are strong and beautiful and amazing and we can create great things. But, think about what we can do together. Do not float by me again, sitting there in your cold, shapeless glory. I will warm you and give you a form more magnificent than anyone could imagine.

Stop and see me, my love. Look into my being and find your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...