Thursday, May 12, 2016

Fireplace

This moment. This is all I need. We can live forever in this moment. I heard your whispers as you slipped through my consciousness in the night. Every moment I breathe through you and can feel your caress. Even when you’re gone I can still feel you against me.
This is perfection. Every breath, every flash, every touch means I can be closer to you. I want to feel you against me again and again. We can sit here in the darkness until we are full of warmth and light and hope. This is our life. This is our moment.
Your breath soothes my pain and puts aside my fears. There is no life without you. There is no hope without you. Can you find your own peace with me?
Come, bask in my warmth. Show me how you can live through my light. The beauty I see in you reflects my glory and love. You are beautiful, even without me, but my strength magnifies everything you have to offer.
I will offer you everything I have. Do you see? I can offer you my strength, my love, everything in this world and beyond. This world is more than I can offer, but I will give it to you anyway.
I am not afraid. You are with me. We will face the storm together. You will hold back the winds and change and I will warm the home front. This is what we can be together. I know you can feel how we can rule the world. Or at least we can hold our little corner safe against the best they can throw at us.

I will no longer hide. I am here for every moment of your life as you are here for me. I have put all of my trust in you. My love. My world. This is the rest of our days, together. We are each other’s hope. We are each other’s dreams. We are each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...