Sunday, May 22, 2016

Embers

Move over. You’re hogging all the warmth. Ah, yes. That’s perfect. It’s so comfortable here buy your side. So peaceful. So quiet. I love to look at you in this peaceful state.
The air is so fresh and clean here. Can you feel it? It’s like the world has cleaned itself of all impurities and giving us a chance to start over. I’ll stay here, in this quiet little state, until you decide it has been long enough. Am I sharing enough with you? I don’t want you to be alone and afraid.
I look at you and I know you have secrets beneath your surface. I can see the light reflected from your depths and I know there is life there. If I get to close will you crack under my weight and open up your depths? You would extinguish my light if I allowed myself to be swallowed up. In some ways I think it would be worth it. I wonder what it would be like to lose myself in your cool depths.
No, don’t be afraid. I won’t allow myself to be lost again. I am too strong for that. I found myself with you and then lost myself again, but no I have found myself without you and know what I am and what I can do.
The world has been made quiet and pure and you have shown me things can be beautiful again.
I think I understand love a little better now. Love isn’t always patient and kind and sometimes it is full of anger and hate, but most importantly love can be found again, even if love has hurt.
You are the joy in my morning and my peace at night, but sometimes you cause my soul to become weary and I need to find rest. This moment is good. I am warm and safe and you are with me. We need to gather these moments close and gather them into our hearts to keep us warm and strong when the hard times come.

My beautiful peace.  I will keep you warm through the night. Sleep well and when the morning comes we will find our way together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...