Sunday, May 1, 2016

Match

I only saw you for a moment before you faded away. You were so beautiful I wanted to get closer and study every line, every angle. Do you even realize how beautiful you are? My passion flared and burned hot as I saw you pressed against the window. I tried to get closer, but I was afraid you would melt into the darkness.
Did you see me? I was there. I wanted you to notice me, but it all happened so fast. For a moment I burned my way into the darkness and made myself as big as I could just so you would see me. I wanted to be big and strong and beautiful so you would notice me and finally creep towards me, but I was so tiny in the night I doubt you even noticed me.
Can you love me? Oh, please! Say you can give yourself to me. Even if it is just for the brief moment of our existence. We both exist in such an insubstantial moment. I don’t even know if what I saw was real.
Next time I will not fade away so fast. I will find a way to stay and see you in all of your glory. So beautiful. So fragile.
Did you see me? Did you want me, too?
I promise you, next time I will stay longer. Please, do not go away so quickly.
You blossomed like flowers all glistening with light and love. I wish I could have reached out to you, but the coldness of the night danced across me and forced me away. I will look for you tonight. I will move as close to the window as I dare and watch and wait.
Will you come to me tonight?

I will live again when the moment is right. Look for me, as I will look for you. Let me caress you and warm you in the night. I will leave traces of my warmth against you until you melt into me and we become one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...