Saturday, May 14, 2016

Icicle

I’m building a fortress here. It’s going to take time and patience, but if you wait for me you will find beauty in my strength. Every inch of life I give builds the walls we need to be safe. This is pain for me, nothing but pain as I build my strength to fight the storm. Every inch of pain is worth it if it will keep you safe.
I will revel in your warmth and light. Every moment with you is magnified a hundred times. When your strength fades I will be there to support and care for you.
I created this form for you. It is not forced or dark. It is what I was born to be. Thank you for showing me my true beauty. I can grow into my own strength only if you are with me. This is what I always wanted to be. I can feel my pulse throbbing through every inch of my existence. Oh, beautiful life! You are for me!
You breathe life into me every day. Without you I would be trapped in my false form, living my life only to reflect the beauty of others. I would never have known what beauty I could give the world.
The storm is raging, inside and out. Do you feel it? No, I didn’t think you could. I am keeping the storm out just so I can keep you safe forever. Without you there is no me. I know you don’t believe me, but you are the reason for my existence. Can you hear the wind rolling through the trees? It rumbling across the tiles of the roof, forcing its way through the cracks of the doors and the windows, pushing against the shelter. I will not let it pass. The storm can rage against the walls, but it will never get through me. I will tear myself in two, or three, or four, just to keep you safe in the night.

The cool air caresses me until, inch by inch, I become larger and stronger. I know, right now, I look so tiny and fragile, but this is just the beginning of my rebirth. Soon I will rule the world and with you by my side we will conquer every corner and cover every inch of the Earth with our power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...