Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Pilot Light

I waited for you in the darkness, hiding myself until I could see you again. No, I wasn’t trying to stalk you or hide myself as you slowly brought yourself forward. I wasn’t watching or waiting, I was just resting while waiting for you. I didn’t want to show myself to the world because I wanted to belong to you and only you.
I watched you in your silence as you put the world to sleep and softened the hard corners or my life. You were silent and cold and beautiful in the light and I fell even more in love with you.
Waiting for you in the darkness was the best part of my life. I made myself small to hide away from pain and sorrow, but you found me in my quiet places where I was sure I was safe. I am no longer hidden and alone. There are no more dark and quiet places. I need to show myself to the world so the world can see the beauty you created for them.
I will flare up and shine brightly so we can see what you have created for them. There is no beauty in the world without light to see. I am saving you for the world to see. There is strength and beauty in my light as I shower you with brightness. Can you see what I have to offer? I will stay here, steady and quiet, until you need me again. Then I will flare to life and show you how beautiful you are.
I am so glad you decided to show me the real you. The soft, gentle side of what you can be. Don’t ever try to force yourself into a false form again. You are more than beautiful enough in your natural form.

I promise not to hide myself for very long. Do you see? The only way I can remain hidden is if I am in perfect control of everything. If I am in chaos I will become harmful and sorrow will follow me for the rest of my days. I will control myself for you and only you. Without you I am nothing and everything and I will be the destroyer of all things. Hold yourself in place so I can find my self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...