Monday, May 2, 2016

Frost

I saw you. At least I think I did. You flashed bright in the night, but then you were gone. I wanted to see more and I tried to reach out to you, but I was surrounded by my own limitations.
I wonder if you saw me for what I was or if you only saw the show I put on for others. I felt so fake, made up to look like the fairies created me. Did you see the real me? I hope you could see past the fancy decoration and the sparkle and sensation I created.
Did you see the marks the others put on me? Fingertips brushing against me, warming me, melting me? I could feel the breath of children warming me in the night. They were there, surrounding me, touching me. I wanted to scream at them to let them know they were destroying me but I was frozen on place. You were the only hope I had. The only bright spot in a sea of darkness. Why didn’t you come to me? Didn’t you see how much I needed you?
When I see you again I hope you will come to me. Please, don’t fade away again. I will wait for you in the night. Don’t go away so quickly next time. I want to see you in your true form, bright and beautiful and flashing through the darkness.
I thought I was alone in the night. I didn’t know there was anyone out there with the same longing as me. You burned through the night, brining me the love I needed. Yes, I know we barely saw each other, but I know I love you. Your form, your light, your voice, your strength. I love every aspect of what you are just as I know you will love me.

Do you love me yet? Do you know what I can be for you? It is the moment, the flash, the burn I crave from you. It will not linger long, our love. It is not meant to last long. Some love is meant to last a moment and then burn out quickly. It will be enough to sustain us for a lifetime, this love of ours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...