Saturday, May 7, 2016

Candle

I’m not any bigger than I was last time you saw me, but I burned ever so much longer for you. I could see myself reflected da thousand times in your smoothness. You magnify my brilliance a thousand times brighter than I could ever reflect myself. We were so close I could almost touch you, but I knew if I reached out and caressed you I wouldn’t be able to survive.
Is this where we are? Longing to be near each other and yet unable to coexist. I can feel your cold breath brushing against me, causing my life-force to flutter with every exhalation. Why do we have to wait so long to be together?
We have come so far you and I. I thought I lost you for a moment when we saw each other in our weakness, but the moment passed and we survived. Don’t you see how much more strong and beautiful our love is now? Please forgive me for all the pain I caused. I will not survive much longer if I cannot have you.
You are shrinking away with every moment. Please do not pull yourself away from me. I will stay here, where I am safe and wait for you to decide if reaching out to me.
You have forced yourself into a shape others will find beautiful, but if one thing goes wrong, one crack appears in the form the image you give to the world will crumble and fall. I can see the beauty in the form under the shape. Why do you hide your true beauty underneath the outer shell? I can see the true you and I don’t understand how you think these outer trappings make you more beautiful. I can see myself reflected deep within your soul and I find I am beautiful only when I am magnified from within you.

Can you feel my love for you? It is the only thing keeping me whole. Without it I will be made small and insignificant again. Thank you for your beauty and your strength. It is what makes me whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...