Thursday, February 25, 2016

Touch

I must be having some interesting muscle spasm. I keep feeling a ticking in my neck. If I didn't know any better I would say someone is trying to give me a neck rub. It's like there's fingers trailing up and down my neck. I've had muscles spasms before, but they've never felt like this before. I haven't worked my muscles like this since my accident either. I need to find a physical therapist to give me a good work-over. I sure don't like the look of the massage parlor down the street. They could be legit, but I've seen the cliental slipping in and out of the back door of the building. I've heard mom talk about the place often enough to know they aren't well-regulated. She wasn't happy when this one popped up in the neighborhood. Maybe I should talk to Mark about this. Just having one of these businesses in the neighborhood can be enough to drive down home prices. He might want to rethink the amount of money he wants to invest in the flip of this house.
Hey kitty, where did you come from? I hope you're getting used to being inside. I don't think I'm going to let you outside for a little while. I saw another cat slipping through the garden this afternoon. He was pretty quick and he looks a little vicious. He probably weighs as much as Mark’s yellow lab. I think I'm going to go to the humane society and get a few live traps tomorrow. Mom has a few friends who run a cat sanctuary. I’ll let her know they need to prepare for an influx of cats. You know if you see one there are ten more hiding in the bushes. I think I'm going to go visit the neighbors and let them know I'm going to be setting a few traps. I know Mark won't mind if I get rid of the feral cats  around this house, but the neighbors might get upset if their pets start disappearing.
I think we got rid of most of the smell, finally. Whatever it was it had to have been coming from the basement. The work crews dismantled most of the basement and got rid of that toilet. I still can't believe someone installed a toilet in the middle of the basement and just left it there exposed to the world. Mark gave me the clearance to hire some day laborer so we were able to get some of the cleaning done the cleaning crew wasn't able to get to last time. Sorry I couldn't let you at all the little birdies we found, kitty. It didn't help when the birds nest fell out of the chimney when I was trying to see what the structure was like. Maybe I'm still feeling the little feathers against my skin. They're tickling my ribs right now.
Here ya go, kitty. You deserve a treat today. It’s a good thing my workman’s comp came in today. We would be hurting for food. I don't think I would do as good of a job foraging for food as you did. I'm going to fix some hot cereal for dinner. Something that’ll stick to my ribs. Has to be better than these feathers. I can still feel them against my skin. The shower made it worse. Wet feathers rubbing against my skin. I think a few of them scratched me. Do you see the scratches?
I think you’re scratching me in the night, little kitty. I can feel you walking across my legs and back. It’s a good thing I’m a heavy sleeper. For a tiny little kitty you sure do have a heavy step. I swear you leave footprints on my back. Did you see this little bruise right here? I didn't have it yesterday. Of course we've all been working at tearing out walls and floors I could have been hit by debris at any time. I think I felt something brush across my back when I was helping the men move that toilet out of the basement. I probably ran into the corner of the wall. My delicate, Irish skin bruises at the slightest touch.
Come on Artemis, we need to get to bed. The electrical crew is coming tomorrow. It’s going to take a few days, but soon we’ll have some real power back. It’ll be nice to be able to buy milk by the gallon instead of the pint. You like milk as much as I do.
Mark seemed receptive to the idea of selling me the house. He said something about needing a project manager for his other houses.  If he gives me a job I’ll have a steady income. If I can make this house come together I can turn any house around. What do you say kitty? Is there more things than my Philosophy out there? What does it take to move Heaven and Earth? I thought I could use my brain to change the world, but maybe it’s going to take the work of these two hands. 25 more days and we can change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...