Wednesday, February 3, 2016

See Me!

Dave-Age 42
See me
Just look at me
Don’t turn your head and pretend I don't exist
I saw the look in your eye before you pretended to talk to your husband
Like I didn't see you read my sign
I heard the whispered comments
The way you said you have too much pride
But you feel like you should be standing beside me
With your own sign and desperate plea
What disgusts you more
My dirty clothes?
My tangled hair?
My smell?
My scars?
Do you want to see all of my scars?
No, I know you don't
You don't want to even see the reality of me
Pull myself up by my bootstraps?
Ha!
You, who have two feet to put on your boots
Do you even see what I am
What I was
What I could be
No, you don't even see me when you walk two feet away
And throw your left overs in the trash
That is two days worth of food to me
You who say you don't have anything
Just gave me everything I need
See me!
Just see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...