Thursday, February 25, 2016

Fire


Come here kitty, lets go see what all the excitement was about last night. I don't know why the flames and smoke didn't wake me up, but there's no way I could have slept through those lights and sirens. Too bad the police line kept us so far back. I know it was the massage salon that went up, but I wonder how much damage was done to the actual building. In a way I hope it was a total loss. I don’t have anything against legitimate massage therapy, but that place was just too shady. Holy crap, kitty. Do you see the tree? One entire side of it is completely black. I wonder if it’s going to survive? I've seen trees come back from severe injury, but this, man, this is pretty extensive.

Well, the building is a complete loss. Yeah, there’s no way this business is going to come back from this. Even rebuilding would take too much time and money. Is that the owner over there? He doesn't look too happy. The reporters are descending on him. I never understood the term swooped down like vultures until now. I've never seen so many people crowd around one person before. Holy…Kitty, I think there are bringing out a body. No, there are two of them. Oh my…kitty there were girls in the house when it burned. What time did we hear those sirens? It had to have been three or four in the morning when we heard the first siren. Why were the girls still there? Do you think they were kept there? I need to talk to Mark about this. We need to put up surveillance cameras around the house if there are people being held captive in the neighborhood. The neighborhood needs to be cleaned up before we sell any houses here. 

Oh no, here comes the police. No, I didn’t see what happen. I’m only house sitting for a friend of mine. No, I’m in that house over there. Yes, It’s the old River’s house. When I was a kid we lived in the house the corner. I went to college in Texas six years ago. My mom moved into an apartment two years ago. She sold the house about a year ago so until my friend bought the Rivers’ house I had no reason to come back. No, officer. My friend is not planning on converting the house to a salon. He’s going to flip and sell it. I have no problem giving you his information. I’m on workman’s comp right now so I’ll be at the house more often than not. You’re welcome come ask me any questions. Can you tell me what happened? No, I understand. Ongoing Investigation. Thanks. I’m sure I’ll see you around. 

Kitty let’s go back to the house. The air is so heavy with smoke I can feel it burrowing into my pores. Poor kitty. That sure was a big sneeze for such a little girl. How about tuna fish for dinner tonight? Hey, did you see that? It looked like there was a girl standing by that tree. She’s gone now. I wonder if she was one of the girls from the parlor. I’m going to have to let the police know. They are all on the other side of the line. There’s no way I’m going near that mess.

Let’s go to the library. Wait, they won’t let you in there and I don’t want to leave you alone in all the confusion. Did you see where the girl went? What are you looking at kitty? Oh, those are your claws. Let’s get them out of my shoulder blade. What are you hissing at? There isn’t anything there. Ok, I need to go back and talk to the police. I need to let them know I saw someone. We’re only going to be here for 24 more days. Hopefully another massage parlor won’t move into the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...