Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I Have to Give Myself Permission

Carol- Age 57
Sometimes I just have to give myself permission to be OK.
It's hard for people to understand what it's like being like this
You don't live inside my head, my body, my heart
All you see is what's on the outside
I look like I'm fine
With my neatly ordered house
And my job
And my car
It looks like I have it all together
But you don't know
You have know idea what a mess I am on the inside
Everything is structured
And regimented
And so chaotic where no one can see anything
Sometimes I want to give people just a glimpse of what it is like on the inside
But I'm afraid of the judgement and scorn I know will come my way
Next time
Maybe
But not today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...