Monday, February 22, 2016

Moon

Wow, the moon is spectacular. It's hanging on the horizon glowing a bright orange. I’ve forgotten how awe inspiring the full moon caressing the horizon can be. I’m glad the cat woke me up. Poor girl. Nothing worse than an anesthesia hangover. I thought she was too young to be fixed, but according to the vet she's probably about three months old. Her sad little cries woke me and when I came to check on her I noticed the moon. It's only four in the morning, but I doubt I get any more sleep tonight. At least the generator is up and running again. It's only been here for twelve hours and I've already had to fix it three times. I need to invest in a warm pair of slippers. The kitchen floor is cold. There's a draft somewhere in the house. I keep feeling the whisper of cold air against my neck.
Hey, kitty. What am I going to name you. Poor little one. I wonder how long you’ve been wandering the streets. The flea bath sure did take away all sorts of layers of ugliness off of you. I never noticed, you have one green eye and one blue eye. Pure white. Mysterious. Look at the moon kitty. I can see why Greeks worshiped her. I can feel the draw of the light pulling me from myself. Diana. No, She is the Roman Goddess. Artemis, that’s your name. Artemis, Goddess of the Moon incarnate of Hecate. What spells have you put upon me this night?
I don't know if I should keep you little one. Come here, let’s go to bed. I will be the sun and you will be the moon. Together we will forge a path across the sky to define our destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...