Monday, February 1, 2016

Half Full

Carol-Age 53
I live my life half-full
All the time.
It’s all I have to give any more
So much of who I am has been taken from me and now there is just a little bit left over
I don’t know what people mean when they say they are running on empty
Or they are just so full of energy they don’t know what to do with themselves
I’m just stuck here, half-full
Half-empty
Halfway in-between
I don’t know if I should go forward or if I should go back
There’s nowhere else to go
I look like I’m stuck
Like I don’t know where to find myself
But that’s not true
I’m somewhere
Inside here
I’m living my life like this
Because I don’t know how else to be


No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...