Saturday, February 27, 2016

Locks

What in the world is going on with this door? Where’s the cat. I really hope she hasn't gotten out. Her incision still hasn't healed and I haven't trapped that monster of a ginger cat yet. He's avoided all of the traps. Where are you, little girl? Oh, I hear you. At least you're not outside, but where are you?
I need to find a way to protect you from all the dangers of this house. I’m done with this door. I can't risk you getting out of the house. We’re going to the store and getting a padlock. Mark is going to replace all of these doors so said I can drill holes in them to install the hardware.  I don't know how the door keeps opening on its own. Every time I put something in front of the door one of the workers moves it and the door gets open again. I'm lucky the kitty hasn't tried to make a break for it yet.
There you are, kitty. How did you get in there? I thought we had all the vents closed off. We can't have you wandering through the HVAC system during construction.Too bad mom’s apartment complex doesn't allow pets. You would be much safer there than here. Look, there’s that old Tom again. I bet he was a beauty of a beast when he was young. He looks like he's come off the best in a few fights. Poor guy.
I know there aren't any open vents on the main floor. There must be some openings in the basement. I’m going to put a padlock on the basement door. I'm tired of having to shut it every time I walk past it. The cold draft coming up those stairs makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. What’s wrong kitty? You're staring at the stairs as if there's a mouse you want to attack. Oh, I saw it too. There must be a drop cloth or something fluttering in the draft down there. I just saw a flash of movement for a second. Your sight is better than mine so it must be driving you nuts..
I’m glad the workers aren't going to be coming in tomorrow. I need a break. Let's go to the store. Do you think you’ll be able to handle the carrier I got from mom. I don't want to leave you here alone. If I could keep the doors closed I could just put you in the bathroom with a can of food and the litter box, but I don't think that'll work. We will get some locks for some of these doors. Don't worry kitty, I'll keep you safe for the next 23 days. Mom is working on finding a place for you to stay during the flip. Don’t worry, I'll find a place we can both stay when we are done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...