Saturday, February 27, 2016

Foot Prints

The workers are leaving footprints all over the floors. It’s ruining the carpet. Not that it matters much. Mark Sent over the finalized the plans today. All the floors are coming up and all new hardwood is going down.
Hey kitty, how are you? You sure do sneak up on me during the day. Why can't you be this quiet at night? I heard you tromping up and down the stairs all night. I swear, for such a little guy you sure do have a heavy tread. I thought you were  in bed with me last night, but I heard you going down the stairs when I was coming back from the bathroom. Did you find any mice there? I haven't been in the basement since we stripped it down. I wish I could figure out how to keep the door to the basement closed. The cold draft coming from that landing is freezing us out of the house. Until we get the electrical knocked out we need to rely on the generator and it keeps kicking off in the middle of the night. I’m glad we are not putting off the electrical work. Did you see the mess they pulled out of the spare bedroom? I don't know how long ago those wires shorted out and the fire obviously burned itself out before it did more but char the inside of the wall. Not even enough damage to warrant tearing out the entire wall.
Did you see how small the footprints were on the carpet? Whoever walked through there walked right through the tiny pile of charred dust the workers left on the floor when they pulled down the drywall. I didn't see any small guys on the crew. Whoever it was must have came in when I was getting our lunch. I wish I didn't have to lock you in the bedroom when I leave you alone with the workers, but they won't be as careful with you as I am. I don't want you slipping out between their legs or have you get in their way. Even the smallest feet can do damage to your tiny body.
Speaking of workers, we need to talk to the gardeners about wearing proper footwear when working in the yard. I found some old boards with nails sticking out of them stacked by the fence. There are probably nails scattered all throughout the yard. Tennis shoes just aren't going to cut it during yard clean up. I wonder whose leaving the bare footprints in the yard. It has to be one of the neighborhood kids. I don't see how any of the gardeners would run around the yard without any shoes.
Hello? Kitty, did you hear that? I think there’s still someone in the house. Did all the workers go home. It’s getting late, maybe they are just finishing some clean up. I think I just heard the back door. Let’s go see what’s going on.
Well, that was interesting. I think every door in the house was opened. Did you see the size of the footprints in the dust? It must have been the shorter worker just finishing his work. I just don't remember there being any small guys with the work crew today.
Where are you, kitty? Oh, there you are. You're so sneaky. Why do I only hear your footsteps at night?  Do you want to go for a walk? I'm glad the night shift clerk doesn't mind you coming in the gas station. We would starve to death if I couldn't zap my burrito in the microwave. One more day down, 23 to go. Turkey in gravy for dinner tonight? It was nice of Mark to drop off some cat food. I know he prefers dogs, but you have a way of traipsing  your way into a person's soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...