Thursday, February 11, 2016

My Slow Suicide

Marissa-Age 15
My death drips from me
Slowly fading into my existence
I see its face
Mocking me from deep within my soul
My death is near
And yet so far
Why should it take me so long to decide
I don't want this moment
To end
Is to begin
The way back
Fade away
Bring myself near
Embrace me
Surround me
Swaddle me
Comfort me
Let it tighten its grip around my soul
Let it drip out of my heart and fade away into the nothingness
But is there really nothing there
Bring me around to your way of thinking
Let me see what there is for me
Do I want the nothing
Or do I want the reality
And is the reality really worth living for
Or is it the nothing that is real
Let me see how your words matter
Let me hear how the world can live for me
By me
Through me
Let me taste the sound the wind makes
As it touches my face
I can smell your faith
Bringing me hope
And pain
And love
And life
And death

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...