Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I Can't Afford Him

Carol-Age 57
I can't afford him any more
I know I said for richer and poorer
But when you are rich it's hard to go back to being poor
I want to keep my promises
But it's hard to love and to hold when there is so little to hold on to any more
You will never understand
You have never been where I have been
You approach the world with one eye closed and the other eye towards the future
How can you see me if that is how you view the world
How can you judge me if you can't see me
I can't afford to pay for what he needs
I can't afford to pay for what I need
I can't even afford to breathe
I can't afford to live
I'm pinned down
Pulled underwater
Drowning
Fighting
Dying
Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...