Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I Have People Over

Jordan-Age 22
I have people over all the time
They eat my food and talk and play all day
We go places and play tricks and laugh and do all sorts of things
More importantly they chase away my loneliness
I wish they could stay longer
Sometimes they only stay a few minutes and I can catch a glimpse of myself
And I smile, just a little bit
Sometimes they dance around the edges
And I frown and tell them to go away
Most of the time they make me happy and I can find joy
But sometimes
Sometimes
I just don't understand why they can't leave me alone
I want to scream
And cry
And throw things at the wall
But they don't like it when I “act up”
I hate them
I hate it when they whisper at me
Not that they always whisper
No, they did not do this to me
No, I did not do this to myself
No I don't know how that happened
Look, I can't do anything about this right now
Can't you see I have people over
Go away
I need my privacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...