Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Dog

Man, I don't know what happened to me. I haven't felt this sick in years. There has to be something going around. I'm glad you were there to keep me company kitty. It was nice to wrap up in the covers and have you keeping my feet warm. I don't know if my body wanted to be hot or cold. I was trembling from head to foot.
I wish we could do something about the cold drafts in the house. Mark’s HVAC team isn't going to do anything about the system until we start construction on the house. I don't want to bring Claire here when it still gets so cold. I saw her again yesterday. I decided I needed to go to the store and get some groceries and she was standing outside by the cart return. I asked her if she was going shopping but she said she had everything she needed. I didn't stumble over my words this time and managed to invite her to coffee. We are going to meet tomorrow. I hope I feel up to going out. I don't care what it takes though, I’m going to see her tomorrow. Seeing her was the highlight of my day. I did forget to get her number. Tomorrow. I will be seeing her tomorrow and I will leave my phone out so I can remember to get her number. Crap, I was supposed to go to the mall and get my phone looked at. I can't believe it still can't hold a charge. It must have been hit with a power surge at some point. At least my computer is holding its charge now. I’ll be able to research the history of this house, once we drop wifi in here. Right now I need to get rid of this flu.
Kitty, what happened to Mark’s dog yesterday? I’ve never seen her act like that before. It freaked Mark out too. First she was growling at nothing and then she yelped and hid in the basement. You did a good job with her kitty. She was so scared. Every inch of her skin was quivering. If her eyes didn’t look so sad I would say you two were sweet. She was almost crying when you curled up next to her and started purring. I’m glad we were able to convince her to come out of the basement, but I don't think we are going to convince her to come back into the house again. Mark just about came unglued when he found the welts on her hind legs. He’s convinced one of the men beat her with some wiring, but all the men swear they were no where near the poor girl. All of them were able to account for their whereabouts when she freaked out and none of them were anywhere near her when she took off for the basement.
You're getting much mere gentle with your paws. I thought you were reaching out to scratch the dog but all you did was nudge her nose with your paw. I'm glad you were there for her. I don't think she would have calmed down if you hadn't comforted her.
I think I lost a day or two in there kitty. I think we only have 15 or 16 more days here. We’ve made it this far. We’ve almost collected the $10,000. Let’s make sure the house is locked up and get ready for bed. I really need to get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...