Saturday, March 12, 2016

Missing Objects


What do you think Claire would like for breakfast kitty? She said she had to get up early and go to work, but maybe I managed to get up early enough to at least send her off with a little bit of food. Let’s see, she hates coffee, but I have orange juice. Is that a thunderstorm coming in? I hope not. I don’t think Claire has an umbrella and I didn’t see her car. I need to drive her to work. Where’s the banana bread my mom brought over yesterday? Did the workers eat it all? I told them to leave me at least one loaf. Mom’s banana bread is the best.

Wait Claire! I’ll give you a ride. Don’t leave! Ooof. What did I just trip over? Kitty, how did these locks get here? These are all the locks form the doors on the house. They’re all locked together. Where are all the keys? Claire? Damn! How did she disappear so fast?

The temperature must have dropped at least twenty degrees in here. I know the storm is rolling in. I can feel the moisture in the air. I hope we don’t have any weird floods like we did during the last storm. Where did you go kitty? There you are, under the couch. You stay there while I go close all the doors. No! Get out cat! How did you get in here? Kitty, are you OK? Come here. little girl. I’ll protect you. Stay on my shoulder. I got that mangy old Tom out of the house, but I feel bad he’s out in the storm. Maybe I can put him in the basement. I know you’re scared of him, but I can’t leave him out in the storm. This way I’ll have him trapped. I’ll get him caged up once I have you tucked away in the bedroom.

I need to call mom. One of her friends will take care of this big Tom. Poor guy. He sure has been put through the ringer. No big guy, you don’t need to attack me. See I’m your friend. How about a can of tuna. Look, we’re not too bad. Poor guy. I wonder who let you go in this yard. You need to have a good once over at the Vet’s office.

Ok, I can’t have two cats. We are going to be moving in a few days so the work crews can come in and there is no way I can have two cats when I move to our new place. I know this house is small, but my new place is even smaller. The duplex has two bedrooms but it’s still small. I don’t know if I’m ready to move out of this place yet, though. Once the doors and the HVAC system gets fixed this will be an awesome house. The basement’s pretty much finished. I can’t believe they actually put a bathroom back in there. Why anyone would want a toilet and shower in the basement, I don’t know. Unless someone put a man-cave down there. I don’t know if it would ever stay warm enough to spend a lot of time down there. The entire basement isn’t cold, just little pockets of it. I don’t know if a new HVAC system is going to fix the problem. The system has to go into the standing footprint.

OK, cat let’s go to the Vet. Wait, where are my car keys? They were right here on the counter. How did they get all the way across the room? Where are my car keys? All that’s here are the keys to the house. First the locks and then the keys. Where are the workers? They are supposed to be here by now. I need to call Mark. Where’s my phone? Wait. I hear it. There it is.

Hey Mark. What do you mean the workers aren’t coming in today? A Priest, Really? What do they think a priest is going to do? A cleansing? I’m not Catholic so I don’t know if there are any priests in the area who do Spiritual cleansings. Good luck finding one. No, I need to bring this cat to the vet and get him checked out but I’ll be back in a few hours. No, I finally trapped that big Tom that’s been skulking about in the yard. No, my mom is going to find a place for him. Ok, I’ll see ya in a few hours.

Can you believe that cat? The workers are claiming this house id haunted and they won’t come back until it’s been spiritually cleansed. If you were human, you would find this hilarious. I wonder what Claire thinks about the idea of ghosts? Well, this might push the rehab out a few days so hopefully I’ll be able to ask her. She promised to call today. We had a good laugh about the phone calls I thought were from her. Somehow she had written my number down wrong. She hasn’t been calling me at all. I made sure she got it right this time. She doesn’t have a cell phone so she has to call me from work. I still haven’t figured out why she won’t tell me where she works.

Kitty, how did you get out of the bedroom? I didn’t leave the door open. Have you magically figured out how to open doors? No, don’t his at this poor guy. I think he’s more scared than you are. I can’t take you to the vet sitting on my shoulder. If you want to go with me, you’ll need to get into your carrier. You’re getting better at getting in there.
There's my keys. Well, 7 more days then we move into our new place. It’ll just be temporary until we can find a new house. We need to make sure Claire can move with us. I’ve never been so intrigued by a woman before. I love her and I hardly know anything about her. There’s that strange number again. Hello? No one’s there. Ok, kitties, let’s go.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...