Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Paintngs

Claire is the most amazing woman I have ever been with, kitty. I’m sorry I had to lock you out of the bedroom last night. It was bad enough you sat up camp and yowled until I let you in, but did you have to ignore Claire when I let you in? She did everything she could to get your attention. Of course, I did a pretty good job of distracting her while she was at it. I can still smell her perfume on my skin. Of course it’s mixed with the smell of smoke. I hope I can convince her to give up smoking. I can’t imagine living without her. It was hard enough letting her go to work today. I couldn’t even convince her to eat breakfast or take a cup of coffee with her. Oh yeah, she hates coffee. Well, I think we need to take a trip to the grocery store. And we need to set the alarm for earlier tomorrow. I don’t want her to be late. I wish I knew what time she got off work so I could have dinner ready. We have so much to talk about. I want to learn everything I can about her. All I could think about last night was how beautiful and lost she looked last night. I never thought I would fall in love with someone so quickly.
We are tearing into walls today. There aren’t a lot left to take down. The wiring job did most of the teardown. We just need to take down the half wall between the kitchen and dining room and the wall under the stairs in the basement. I don’t even know why the wall is there. It’s hollow under there. I pulled out a bunch of old canvases yesterday and I could see a lot more junk piled in there. Maybe Rivers stored some of his valuables there. The paintings on the canvases were pretty good. It looked like they were painted by two different people. I wish there were more paintings. Mark gave me finder’s rights to anything else we find in the house, even though the doll was worth nearly $5,000. Selling it took time Mark didn’t care to invest and so he turned it over to me. I’ll show the paintings to Mark, but I doubt he has much interest in them. Claire loved them. At least she loved the landscapes. The portraits were a little freaky. The faces were all distorted and none of them had any eyes. There were big, black voids in the centers of the faces. Each of the faces had an almost childlike quality about them. If you could look past the voids the faces would almost be beautiful.
There aren’t a lot of places to bring the paintings to be appraised here in Boise. They might not be worth the trouble. Well kitty, Mark has found us a house to move into once we are done here. 13 more days and we will have a new place. I wonder if it’s going to be big enough for Claire to move in with us. It won’t be a flip house so if we decide to live there we can make it our home. We will be able to afford a house payment with the project management job. Time to get to work, kitty. We need to get this house market ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...