Tuesday, January 19, 2016

What is Good and Evil?

By All of Us-
The world is full of good and evil. I believe it is the evil of man that killed, murdered and raped.  I do not believe God sanctions these things.  I actually believe scriptures were written by man with man's view of what God wanted.  God inspired the scriptures, but he did not write them personally.  Just because something was done in the name of God it doesn't mean God said "do this thing". It's up to each person to create their relationship with God and read and understand the meaning behind the stories. God is perfect, it's man's flaw that perverts His words.  God teaches us love, tolerance and faith. If mankind uses his words to preach anything else they are following the path of evil. Many times the stories of rape, murder and incest in the scriptures are there to serve as warnings away from evil.  And when I talk about sin my personal idea of sin is anything that separates you from God would be considered sin.  Since I don't live in your skin or face your struggles I have no right to judge you(you meaning anyone in general). I know I have a personal relationship with God. I've seen His (or Her I've never seen God so I don't know) hand in my life. I've had prayers answered, seen miracles and held the hand of the dying as their soul left the body.  The scriptures are literature telling us of the Judea-Christians relationship with God. I don't ignore the "bad things" but I don't believe God sanctioned everything written on the pages.  Those who follow blindly are going to go down some strange paths. Yes, I choose to believe in God, I can't deny His power in my life. I don't believe in following blindly. The Old Testament was the guide for the people of their time, the New Testament was the guide for the people of that time. We need to hear God's message for our time.  It's hard to wrap my head around a God who would protect those I love during accidents with a God who would let children suffer in war torn countries, but I know God loves me and he loves those children. They will stand at the judgement bar of God and point their fingers at the evil doers, giving evidence against them. I'm not a denier. I believe the bad things in the scripture happened. I also know bad things have happened in my life, but God has been a constant in my life. I love Him.
I am not saying this to create an argument or to try to pursuance you to believe what I believe. After all, at my core, I believe every person needs to come to terms with their own beliefs. Trying to argue with me would be like arguing with a brick wall. You won't persuade me to change my mind about God. If you don't believe I won't change your mind.
Just sayin"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...