Thursday, January 21, 2016

Crazy

Marissa- Age 15
I was told people who are crazy are lucky because they don't realize they are crazy. Yeah, I don't think so. I've seen crazy. I've been crazy and let me tell you, I know exactly how fucked up I really am. I guess I could blame my parents, aren't they the ones who got together, decided to make me and then screw me over. Or, I could blame video games. That's all the rage right now. Our kids are violent ‘cause they spend too much time playing violent video games. Well, there's only two problems with that idea: 1. I don't play video games, 2. I'm not violent. Or I guess I should say I'm usually not violent. That girl, yeah, she deserved what she got. As a last ditch effort I guess I could blame society. Society always seems to put all these unrealistic expectations on me. You're not skinny enough. Your hair isn’t long enough or blonde enough. You don't wear the right clothes. You need this phone. You need to date this boy. Don’t date that boy. You're such a slut.
No, society isn't the problem. I'm the problem. I’ve always been the problem.
I've never wanted to hurt anyone, not even myself. I mean, pain isn't the answer, is it?
Why am I even asking you? You have no idea what it’s like to be a teenager. Everyone tells you to grow up, but they don't see I already have. I know things. I’ve done things.
I look like a woman. I mean I have a woman’s body, but I don't know what it means to be something more than a child.
Yeah, I’m not crazy, I’m just lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...