Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Listen

Lucinda-Age 45
For some people the only way they can get their feelings out is to write. In a world where we all seem to listen to respond it is sometimes hard for the silent to be heard. Although the voices on this page can sometimes be raw and painful it is my belief that they need to be heard.
How many of you are willing to take the time to just listen? I mean really listen? What will you hear if you take the time to listen another person’s story? What secrets will you discover? About them? About you?
How many of you need a person who will listen to you? It’s so hard in this world to find the one who will truly hear our stories. Even I , who values listening, find myself wanting to stop the hemorrhaging of feeling and offer solace in a kind word or a well-meaning snippet of advice. I think it’s my job to help those who suffer, but I wonder do I really have anything left to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...