Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Why do you write?

Why do you write?
I write to release the thoughts in my head.
Sometimes the stories spring from the darkest part of my soul.
sometimes they bubble forth out of joy..
Like a pensive, I drag the thoughts from my head and allow them to swirl out on to paper.
I write for myself.
It helps writing for myself.
I don't worry about critics.
I accept critique.
I am willing to grow and change, because it makes my voice stronger, but it will always be my voice.
I've learned I can't write for other people.
I lose my voice when I worry about what others will think of my writing. My stories suffer and I end up dancing around words I'm afraid to write down.
The words stay in my head for far to long when I worry about what others will think of me.
I write for myself.
Why do you write?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...