Thursday, November 2, 2017

Why I Write


I am a writer
I add black words to white pages
I form them into lines
Sometimes they make sense
Sometimes they make sense only to me
I am a writer
I have to write
I have to wrestle the demons out of my head and onto the paper
If I don't they will pound on the walls of my skull
Tearing and clawing 
until my head is cleaved open
And they spring forth fully formed
in gleaming gold armor
I am a writer
I write so the voices in my head
will stop buzzing in my ears 
and stay on the page where they belong
If they really belong there
Sometimes I don't know where they belong
But they don't belong in my head
I know
Because I am a writer
Are you a writer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...