Sunday, February 7, 2016

Useless

Matt-Age 17
This is completely useless. I don't see how this is doing anything and I hate everything about it. You sit there so sanctimonious, judging me, judging everyone. Can't you see you are the problem, not me.
It's not my fault I'm this way. You’re the one who made me what I am. Your words built me up and tore me down. Your drugs calmed me down and kept me up all night. Yeah, I won all the time but now I've lost my mind.
You think I'm joking, but I'm not. I'm dead serious. I'm deadly serious.
Your words don't do anything for me any more. Man, for a smart person you sure are stupid.
My head is spinning so fast I can't even keep the world straight.
Keep still. I can't see you. I have you in my sights, sites, cites. I don't know the right word. The words drill into me, cutting deep.
What can words do anyway? They can't cut, they can't hurt, they don't mean anything.
I mean they mean something. They mean whatever we think they mean, but they aren't mean unless we mean them to be.
Stupid, stupid, stupid. They're just words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Prompt: Traditions

Take an opportunity to flex your writing muscle and exercise your skills. The goals of the writing prompts are: Exercise your writing ...